Ram Rush is the official University of Mobile New Student Orientation. It is organized by the University of Mobile’s Student Life Department and is full of concerts, free food, free give-aways, games, new friends, orientation info, and tons of fun!
Every new student is assigned a Ram Fam Group (RFG) upon registration. Your group assignment is based on your Freshman Seminar class section number. Groups range in size from 15-20 students. Each RFG has two active and engaged UM student leaders to guide you through your first week at UM, help you meet other students, and get involved. They will fill you in on all the details of each event, what to wear, and where to be using your RFG Facebook Group you will be invited to in a few short weeks.
Ram Rush will begin at move-in on Friday, August 16, 2019 and continues through the first week of classes to Sunday, August 25. Events are not mandatory except for orientation on Saturday, however participation is highly encouraged, as Ram Rush is one of your best ways to get connected to fellow students and get involved in Student Life. Dress is casual at all events and all event meals are free.
国产偷拍视频To stay up-to-date on happenings around campus, follow us on Facebook by “liking” University of Mobile-Student Life, adding UMobile Ram Rush as a friend, following us on Instagram @studentlifeum and Twitter, @STUDENTLIFEUM.
9am – Residential Life Move In
Assigned Residential Hall
11:30am-1pm – Lunch
国产偷拍视频 Ingram Dining Hall
2pm-5pm – Parent Hospitality Corner
• All parents of incoming students are welcome! Come finalize any details for the fall or ask any questions you may have!
5pm – President’s Commissioning
Fred Lackey Great Commission Lawn
• Mandatory for Students & Parents Welcome
• All incoming students are invited to come enjoy a time of worship, a message from Dr. Burnett and participate in the traditional globe ceremony.
6pm – Backyard BBQ
Bedsole Commons Front Lawn
• Treat yourself after moving in! Come enjoy BQQ, a pie eating contest, a country band, yard games, a mechanical bull, and a photo booth! New students and their families are welcome.
8-10pm – Game Show Night
• 国产偷拍视频Ready to put your game face on? Join us for Family Feud, Trivia and more! This night will make all your Game Show Network dreams come true!
10-11pm – Milk N’Mingling
Faulkner for ladies, Samford for gentlemen
• Come enjoy a late night snack! All the cookies and milk you can imagine will be there!
7-9am – Breakfast
9am – New Student Orientation
• Mandatory event for all incoming students. Come learn about the policies and procedures of UM.
11am – Foo and a Friend
• You can’t fake the FOO! Come enjoy the pride of Mobile, Foosackly’s chicken!
国产偷拍视频• Time determined by RFL’s
Goodwill Gala Shopping
Time and Location determined by RFL’s
5pm – Dinner
国产偷拍视频Ingram Dining Hall
10pm-12am – Goodwill Gala “Senior Saturday”
Saraland Skating Rink
• All the skating and dancing your body can take! Come dressed as a senior citizen. Don’t forget your walker!
国产偷拍视频Ingram Dining Hall
8:30am-2pm – For the Church
• Put on your Sunday best, hop on a bus, and head to church with your new friends! Lunch will be provided at the church you attend.
7:30pm – Ram Rush Pool Party
• Grab a new friend and come hang out at the pool for Kona Ice, food trucks, bounce houses and more!
8am – Classes Begin
7:30-10:30pm – Intramural Glow Dodgeball
国产偷拍视频 • Grab your neon shirt! Glow in the dark dodgeball tournament? What could go wrong?
6pm – For the Church and City
• Come meet and mingle with churches and ministries around Mobile! This is a great way to find a new church or find ways to serve the city! Dinner with be provided.
11 am – Chapel
12pm-2pm – UM Expo
• Come meet some businesses in the Mobile area! Whether you’re looking for a new job, new bank or just wanting to get some free stuff, this is the event for you!
3pm – Ram UnRushed
Student Success Center
• Calling all introverts! Come enjoy s’mores, games and peace and quiet! This is a great way to relax from a eventful week!
TBA – Ram Madness Tailgate
Soccer UM vs Warner University
国产偷拍视频 • Grab your noise maker and face paint! Come watch Rams soccer play Warner University! MMI will cater dinner!
10am-12pm – UM Serve Day
• Join your Ram Rush family as you serve in multiple ministries around the Mobile area!
8pm – Outdoor Movie
• Black Panther and movie theatre snacks? Be there or be square!
9-10 am – Outdoor workout
• Come workout with our Health and Wellness Director, Zach Gaines! Be ready to sweat as you do an outdoor HIIT workout!
6-8 pm – Family Game Night
Bedsole 2nd floor Library
• Grab a new friend and come enjoy indoor s’mores, pizza and all the board games!
11am – 1pm – Brunch with the Burnetts
Ingram Dining Hall
• Omelets, bacon, pancakes! Come enjoy brunch with the president!
Freshman Seminar is a course designed to assist freshmen in their transition from high school to college. This course is an excellent way to get acquainted with the University of Mobile, UM faculty and staff, and UM peers. Freshman Seminar seeks to enhance the learning experience by providing opportunities for students to develop the skills, values, behaviors, and attitudes necessary for success at the University of Mobile. Through the semester topics discussed include study skills, time management, budgeting, health and wellness, Christian Worldview, professionalism, major selection, career exploration and confirmation. Students will hear from various university officials regarding UM procedures, learn to access MyUM, and utilize campus resources.
In addition to the course instructor, each course section has been assigned an upperclassman, a UM student serving as your Peer Leader. Your PL will help answer any questions you have along the way, aid in the transition, and help inform you of campus events and UM opportunities. Through the Freshman Seminar course we want to help you make the most of your first semester, laying the foundation for a successful college career.
Assistant Director for First Year Experience